The final frontier in eCommerce.
Back-Track is leading the charge to fix this problem.
It's been ignored too long and now a $761 Billion problem in the USA.
- $218 Billion in customer returns per year from online sales (NRF)
- $23.2 Billion in fraudulent returns per year (NRF)
- $126 Billion in customer returns on Amazon marketplace (estimated)
- Growing 21% per year!!
That's $761 Billion that retailers "Lost" to their bottom line from customer returns.
The ECONOMIC IMPACT is nearly $1 TRILLION per year after adding logistics and disposal costs.
The impact on the environment is also very troubling.
- 5 billion pounds of customer returns are sent to the landfill each year
- 15 million metric tons of carbon dioxide emissions from customer returns transportation
Serious efforts need to happen to fight this trend and damage to our environment. Back-Track is singlehandedly focused on this mission.
60% of Amazon GMV in the USA comes from "Third Party Sellers" (3PS). 40% of the 3PS on Amazon are international and live/operate their business from another country.
- They do not have a warehouse or location to ship their online customer returns from Amazon FBA to.
- Amazon does not ship returns back across international borders
- Most choose the "Destroy" option on Amazon because of limited options.
- 3rd Party Logistics Companies (3PLs) are focused on forward logistics and not reverse logistics.
Most customer returns still have 40-80% of their value.
Back-Track is focused on reCOVERING this value for online retailers and to help reduce the carbon impact on our environment.